Degree Project Game Progress #2 Level Design



Today I fully implemented stamina logic so when the player sprints the interger value depletes to 0 to where the player can no longer sprint but as soon as the bar echarges it is available again. i also made a Boolean Variable IsMoving? so the stamina won't drain even if the player is holding the stamina key down but they aren't moving because I think that would be unfair with how much the player would need it to clear jumps in the game. I hadn't had this idea before but it's just a complete opposite of the IsSprinting? Boolean that just checks for shift being held down to sprint but it IsMoving? overrides it.









I also tied the sprint functions with custom events to the stamina drain/ regen mechanics from my previous blog. 

 

In addition to setting up the player character some more I also spent a lot of the day planning my first level which I want to be an introduction to each mechanic/ gimmick that will be in the other two, harder, levels. It can be viewed on the link below. I made the level too in a staggered way where each different type of obstacle is slowly added upon another until the player is familiar with all of them, that being said I don't wish for it to be overly long in terms of the time it takes to finish it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Digital Media Analysis

App Design 5

Degree Project Initial ideas