Degree Project Game Progress #1



Today and over the past weeks since late September I have been setting up the essentials of my game - whatever that may be so movement/ camera control and a sprint that will be needed for any direction I take the game in. These are the inputs and the logic for these features used by the gamemode base for the character the player controls used in every game I have made.






Input Data in content browser. Most of these are booleans, except the mouse movement  in which it is essentrially a check for whether a key is pressed or not. these inputs don't determine what the button does, rather is it being pressed or not.


Input data mapped to different keys/ Mouse movement. This is how the yes/ no Boolean, checked for when a button which it is assinged to, is pressed


This is the Blueprint which links the Player to Controller Inputs it assigns the keyboard as a controller to the player and casts the mapping of inputs to the character you control.


These are the Input responses for Jumping, looking with the mouse and moving. Nothing much to say about them, they are the same as they always have been. 

This is the sprint activator node. It is linked to a start and stop sprinting Function in a different graph but currently stamina is infinite which I will change in the final game beacuse I want the speed boost using stamina gives to be a resource to the player which must be conserved.




Function to alter speed to SprintSpeed when the Sprint Button (Shift-Key) is pressed.



Function to alter speed to SprintSpeed when the Sprint Button (Shift-Key) is unpressed/ out of stamina when implemented.




As of now this is all the player character is; a capsule with collision assigned and a camera to simulate the First-person Perspective. I think at somepoint I would like to add a remote or wand-like object to the viewport of the player so they know if orange or Blue platforms are active if I go with that idea, which I am really tempted to do because I think I'm up to the challenge of implementing my mechanic if I experiment and research similar ideas, though I have found nothing similar quite yet.


As of now i think it's key to strike a balance with the development of this project. I should probably do some conceptual work before I get too far ahead with technical development just so I have a plan to stick to and almost don't let it get out of control in a sense.


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Degree Project Digital Media Analysis

App Design 5

Degree Project Initial ideas