Storytelling and Gaming 6

 Today I worked on adding some more riddles to the game, I also finally added a death counter and treasure counter, I was hesitant to do so as of yet because I didn't know how to display a value from a variable, it's as simple as typing out the variable name so say I wanted to display a death count I would just type 'You died $DeathCount times this playthrough'. the treasure counter too functions very similarly also.


I have to be very careful with how I structure riddles  and conditional events though as I barely understand how (if:)/ (Else:) statements work like when I tried placing a statemen within a pre existing statement. Didn't go down well. Either way I have pretty much caught up with the amount I had planned up until now so after I fully finish all the options I will need to plan more. Up until now I have had the story branch off into two majorly different direction which will probably join together at one point. One in the dungeon and then a temple area and the other in an underground citadel type are of the crypt I've given option 1 way more attention and will need to balance it out at some point as it is currently an 75/25 split and should be 50/ 50 with each route being roughly as long as the other with the same amount of interactivity.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator