Teamwork Practices 10

 Exporting the game has also had many roadblocks as I have found. I could not even export my game on the PCs at the university because they are not allowed to install SDKs on any of the machines, so I could not do the final export that I needed to do and had to ask josh if I could use his Laptop. After that I tried to test the game at home but my PC could not run the project in Unreal Engine because of the 3D model makers and their poor practice, making models with file sizes that far exceed the rest of the game put together, to the point where my PC says it is dangerous to run it and could case damage to my graphics card. Other than that, the game ran fine on my PC on the.exe export, which I am thankful for.

Overall, I am proud of my group's work but I must say all the technical issues from the the restricted access nature of  the A234 PCs has left me with permanent mental scars. My PC has crashed innumerable times as a result and there have been times where hours of progress have been lost. Github can be attributed to that also, which because of the PCs in the baseroom and how Github works quickly corrupted our project on it, which slowed down development as we had to have it so only one person worked on the game. I think the moral of the story is I need to buy a powerful Laptop but regardless I have probably lost years of my life and gotten grey hair from teamwork practices and I am glad to say goodbye to it. If I had more time on this project and a PC that could run it, I would probably add a timer and battery counter system to add replay value especially as they were in last year's project.

Final Map Design (unlit)


Pre-Production Map concept




Oh, I also made some menu backgrounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator