Storytelling and Gaming 3


I read this article today which covered some conventions of Text Based adventure games and one aspect which stuck out to me was the 'Story' vs. 'Scenario' idea where when making a text based adventure game, rather than making some grand epic about a fully developed world it can be a small scenario with lower stakes and less exposition to better immerse a player.

 https://medium.com/@model_train/text-adventure-game-design-in-2020-608528ac8bda

I also developed my idea for a story more so without the specifics as of yet. It will be about a Grave Robber who gets captured by Skeletons and has to escape the winding and perilous crypt. I think the difficulty will be mapping out the space and getting to grips with coding the scenarios with variables and such. Coming from a non-coding background, I think this'll be challenging


Bibliography:

Ainsley, C. (2020) Text adventure game design in 2020, Medium. Available at: https://medium.com/@model_train/text-adventure-game-design-in-2020-608528ac8bda (Accessed: 29 January 2024).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator