Unreal Game 3

 Today has been a big day for the development of the game itself, (with much assistance). I have implemented HUD elements such as an interaction prompt, timer and page-counter. as well as the code for collecting notes and functionality for the door at the end of the level. All that remains now is programming the enemy AI and a health system. I also need to slightly refine the environment more, making sure all the geometry aligns and also add in more furniture.

I also need to remember to tweak the movement speed as I haven't changed it since the creation of project, it feels slightly sluggish still at the moment but it could be possible to change the scale of the playable character too as that feels slightly off to me also.

Sadly, due to being new to Unreal and having an upcoming deadline I have decided to cut the camera flash stun mechanic in the interest of making sure the other mechanics are bug free and fully functional. This decision was not taken lightly however as there is a completed mesh for the model but no textures yet. If the deadline was perhaps a week or two more I may have considered keeping the mechanic. It wouldn't have been that difficult, relatively speaking,  as I was shown how to make a gun with raycasting earlier in the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator