3 Screen blog

All 3 screens   https://youtu.be/9EjRe_bDs8Q

Screen 1 https://youtu.be/n42VZaCEHPY

Screen 2 https://youtu.be/OAFS-ipq_cE

Screen 3 https://youtu.be/EJ7rQkyhOUY

 For my 3 Screen Project, I originally, I wanted to centre it around a TV Screen and watching myself and then watching myself watch myself on the screen, one screen would be me watching the screen and the second screen would be the screen I was watching. I didn't have a solid idea of what I wanted to do for the third screen so I thought I would add another eye to add to the idea of 'watching' which this piece explores. The running POV shots I added to the piece also represent the other aspect of sight of ones own perspective.


How the static and the eye were achieved

While I am unsure of what it means, there is a setting on the TV called 'mono', which when pressed goes to a static screen, which I've always known about, this is the first time it has ever been useful for something. 

The eye was achieved too by putting a Phone attatched to a HDMI in the back of the TV and recording ut with my Phone. Because of the age of the model, I was initially worried there may not have been a HDMI port.

Evaluation

While I like some aspects of my 3 Screen, I think it could have been much better in terms of quality of recording. I though a Phone for every shot would be better as I would have had less space to maneauvre it and I wouldn't have been able to start recording remotely with the bluetooth remote for Phone cameras which I utilised for every shot in screens 1 and 2. As a result both the H.264 and Pro Res versions are as ugly as the RAW video files from my Phone Camera which are almost at an unacceptable quality in my opinion. In retrospect, I could have borrowed a camera from the loan store.

I also think the videos seem quite self indulgent and needlessly long in their length but I don't know if that is really a criticism or just an opinion. I do think though that it certainly because more visually interesting as it continues especially on the screen 2, I think it would have been better if it was shorter though, that being said it, allows the spectator to take in the new change to the visuals properly each time.

I also think that I did serviceably well in syncing up each screen as they all transiton to the next layer of video at roughly the same time, I should have looked out for when they end though as they all finish seconds aparts but that does not really matter as much because they are synced leading up to when each one fades to black.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator