Animate Final Evaluation + Final Piece

My Final Animation along with Project File can be found here:

https://ca-net.herts.ac.uk/~sp22aby/InteractiveStory/





'Bear Blue Default'


Evaluation

Positives

Firstly, I managed to finish my animation and it came out exactly as I envisioned it. This is because I knew my limits when it came to creating assets and didn't make them overly detailed and so they can easily be animated with the Bone mesh for multiple scenes rather than having to create multiple vastly different sprites for each character, eating into the time I had to create the animation. 

I also got all the interactive elements to work in the animation with no bugs or errors, moreso on  the developmental side I think my assets and symbol management was helpful in creating the animation as everything is named and foldered.

Overall, for the planning I did, the outcome is exactly as I wanted and I feel that knowing my goals and limitations created the outcome which I wanted.

An early version of Father Bear
The sun button



Negatives

While I just said I'm glad that I planned and stuck to what my abilities were, I do feel that I was a little unambitious in places such as in relation to the detail of the backgrounds, the lack of sound and the robot's design. In regards to the backgrounds and robots design I feel they were both overly simplistic, being comprised only of simple shapes and black colours, muchg like everything else but this was intentional with the backgrounds to keep it consistent with the overall visual style of the animation.

I also wanted to add a pause button into scene 4 where the robot is cycling through the three Phones from a POV perspective. I tried to code one in but never got the button to function despite the concept for pausinmg a scene to be really simple.  This was my most disappointing mistake as I feel the text written on the Phones was quite important and I originally structured the scene around the audience reading what was on the Phone screens. To have it easily readable, I would have had to have remade the animation as I believe there is no way to elongate the space between frame tweens without completely rebuilding the scene. Besides the animation is on a loop so there ultimately is no way the viewer can miss the writing on each of the phone symbols.


Another thing I would have also liked to have payed attention to was playing the animation on devices other than Computer Monitors. When playing it on a phone, it is much more difficult to read and see various aspects such as the texts and the buttons, if I were to remake the project, I would probably make it so it is easier to view on smaller screens and I would add other features such as the aforementioned pause button.

I also should have added scene transitions rather than a simple cut each time with fades, zooms and wipes.

Less with the project and more so related to the brief, I feel I could have made the subject matter more clear as I can admit that this story is pretty loosely connected to prevention of data theft, but that does not matter as much because I think the story is still enjoyable and relates to the Family-friendly target audience and universal appeal I made it for.

The Goldilocks-1000 Robot
The cut pause button



Overall, I am proud of my outcome and especially how I approached making the project but in the future perhaps practice more of the coding and be more ambitious with making symbols. I also feel that I am much better at animate than before the project having to do it all myself.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator