Unreal/ Unity introduction

 On January 27th and February 3rd I was introduced to programmiong in the Unreal and Unity engines, being shown how to code basic movement for characters such as moving in 4 directions, sprinting, crouching and jumping, also how to place and positon assets to create an environment. I think that if I had to choose an engine I prefer, it would be Unreal, programming movement was much easier with the blueprint-based coding, as opposed to the typing in unity, I found it considerably easier to figure out aspects on my own such as programing a toggle crouch in Unreal, I wouyld not have the first clue in Unity as I do not know the syntax, I think it would be better for that reason to use Unreal as I could spend less time figuring out how to code the game and more time refining other aspects such as models/ graphics/ level design. It is too soon to say which I will ultimately choose but this is my current thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator