Unreal session 2

 

Today in Unreal we focussed on creating a useable gun and implementing two types of projectile, beams and physical bullets as well as making them interact with objects and the physics of the playable space, as well as damaging them. Generally, I prefer Hitscan beams to physical bulets as they are easier to implement and have functionally. Projectile bullets could be good for physics based puzzles however if it is my intention to add them. 

I also experimented with lighting and discovered that it is very to make the screen turn pitch-black. Lighting on the surface to appear fairly simplistic but it is highly customisable and will certainly be a large aspect of the environment I try to build in my final project. 

Also I found out how to make invisble walls but I would rather add colision to assets I create if/and/or/when/why/conditionally/unconditionally/epic/awesome/bozo/when I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator