Unit 4 Workshop 2


 

 


This post shall entail the process behind the 3 collage edits that I made in Photoshop spanning from 20/10/2022 to 21/10/2022. The first outcome is from a collaging tutorial, which showed me the use of masking and smart objects, I also had to redo the shadow technique, but I feel I had a lot more tools at my disposal this time in order to make it a success such as gaussian blur filter instead of just the blur brush. The addition of the bats in the background was also interesting as I never really used the 'Black and White' tool, nor considered using it to have an easier time cutting out images. 


 




These 2 pieces are based on Hanna Hoch's photo collages which were made in response to the current political situation of the UK. By making a collage with faces that need to overlap in a certain way, flattening erasing and cropping too much could have made the process irreversible so I needed to continuously save and back-up the process and assets too.

The more difficult of the two is certainly the first as I needed to distort continuously to have the facial features to align.

 



 

This piece was inspired by the number of bald chancellors the UK has had in the past decade and how they are all similar and interchangeable, like a Mr. Potato Head figure.
I'm glad of the result from the spot-healing brush in regard to merging together the different body parts.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator