Photoshop fundamentals

 


Being the first time I used Photoshop on this course and indeed in a long time, removing the man was a little difficult. Initially I went with the approach of using the Clone-Stamp approach, starting with the brick wall as it was a predictable pattern that the wall followed, I used a selection box as to not brush over the wall's edge so but that was too straight considering the Brick so I had to later revisit the wall's edge with the smudge tool. After the considerable length of time this process took, I decided to start using assets from other images provided such as the window/curtains to remove the reflection from the window and the kerb.

When tackling the text on the sign and the fern I used the magic wand I appear to have gotten extremely luck with the selection of the plant which allowed to past it on to a separate layer above the text, thus the seamlessness on the edit.

I found it interesting throughout the process, whenever I zoomed in to an element I believe that I completed, there would be loads of circular markings from the various brushes and tools that I used.






This edit was more difficult than I imagined, having done something very similar, which I remember as a success, the technique of duplicating the object, lowering the opacity and lowering the image brightness. I struggled mostly with aligning the man and shadow with one another and the background for instance one may be too small or big or the shadow was elongated etc. The most valuable lesson I learnt was of perspective, certainly more so than technique, which I admittedly struggle with, not being a conventional illustrator.



20/10/2022 - I later revisited my 'remove the man' piece in order to correct some of the issues with the first draft such as the accidental use of 'burn' on the brick wall, the curvature of the street corner, the missing corner of the drain cover and misalignment if the bricks.




 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator