Illustrating Logos and Album Covers

 


While being taught more basics of illustrator, I familiarised myself with using the pathfinder to group/ cut/ segment assets along with guides for more precise cuts as opposed to using the pen. The 'NIKE' logo is also made up of similar geometry on each letter which reminded me of the importance of re-using aspects of an illustration to create others for consistency and time-saving's sake.


After attempting logos I moved on to Album cover designs. Considering that i have been working in simplistic shapes thus far on Illustrator I wanted to incorporate that into the fictional Band: Bread Bag. This is also why I incorporated arrows as they aren't on the list of placeable geometry so I created one by grouping together a square and a rectangle with the pathfinder tool, arrows were also my first association with the word 'Alignment'. I chose red, white and black as there was a strong contrast to go with sharp corners and straight lines utilised.

On the topic of the Band name originally the text on the faux label said 'Bread Bag's' as in 'Bread Bag's Future Alignments'. This appeared as a grammatical error/ visually unappealing despite being correct so I was advised to change it, which ultimately made the image more appealing. The 'label' aesthetic of the Band logo was to make it distinct from the album cover as it did not want to change the position or alignment of the arrows to accommodate them into the cover. In comparison to my peers I think that mine is of High-Quality but relatively unambitious.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storytelling and Gaming 3

Independent Project #9

First time on illustrator